7 Things to Do When You’re Stressed
posted on November 15, 2012 | by Amanda Holstein
1. Blast Music | While you’re getting ready for work or just sitting at your desk, blast that music like you’re 13 again listening to Dashboard Confessional.
2. Workout | Although it’s often the last thing I want to do when stressed or in a bad mood, sometimes taking it all out on the stair master just feels so good. Plus you feel ten times better afterwards.
3. Shop | While many might tell you this is a bad idea, I say do it. Go to Madewell, get that leather skirt you can’t stop thinking about. (Maybe set yourself a quick budget so you don’t go crazy), and enjoy. That’s guaranteed happiness right there.
4. Take a Walk | Wherever you are, the best thing to do is to take a break and get yourself out of the environment that’s stressing you out. Go grab coffee or some fresh squeezed juice, or just walk for the heck of it. It’s a great way to distract yourself.
5. Pamper | Whether it’s painting your nails, wearing a face mask, or getting a quick hand massage at a nearby salon, a little bit of pampering is good for the soul.
6. Buy Yourself Flowers | It’s not pathetic, it’s proactive. The act of picking out flowers, putting them in a vase, and setting them next to you can be really satisfying. I swear!
7. Chocolate! | Just eat the damn chocolate. Milk chocolate. If you’re gonna indulge, indulge.
What do you do when you’re stressed out?
image by me