20 Refreshing and Simple New Year’s Resolutions
posted on January 2, 2017 | by Chelsea Becker
When I was in my early 20s, I remember mapping out extensive ways I was going to change my life starting January 1st of the new year. I’d then usually wake up hungover and upset at myself for not sticking to my plan perfectly. Realizing that my grand plan was unrealistic, I’d throw out my resolutions a few days later.
As the years went on, I began putting less pressure on myself to adapt a whole new lifestyle (especially the morning after a New Year’s Eve party!), and instead started the year with a few simple goals. Having smaller, realistic ways to better myself seemed to inspire me for longer and were much more attainable. Below are the resolutions I’ve worked on over the years or will focus on in 2017. I hope some of them inspire you to be easy on yourself while also improving!
- Work on my posture.
- Start applying eye cream before bed.
- Watch the news while getting ready instead of reality TV.
- Buy greenery instead of flowers—they last longer and are better on your wallet.
- Stretch for 5 minutes before bed.
- Use fewer paper towels.
- Quality over quantity.
- Be conscious of white lies and give them up.
- Add veggies to each meal.
- Try one new workout class each month.
- Don’t argue or talk about anything serious over text message.
- Add SPF and moisturizer to hands daily.
- Swap out toxic products for natural ones whenever possible.
- Give up tech for an hour before bed.
- Look at my bank statement once a week.
- Take daily vitamins and a probiotic.
- Watch TV that teaches you something.
- Prioritize sleep.
- Smile at strangers instead of looking down.
What will you be focusing on in 2017?